29 August 2009

I Love This Photo


















This photo speaks volumes to me: about where I've been, what I have done, what I think and how I think it. The photo was taken by Dennis Stock at the Venice Beach Rock Festival in 1968.

In the late 1960s, Dennis Stock was photographing the Woodstock Generation, but he was also one of its free-spirited, anarchistic exemplars. You can find archives of his photos on line, and hear him this discuss this photo and how it happened to be taken that day at:

Dennis Stock's Woodstock Generation - The Picture Show Blog : NPR

All the publicity about Woodstock lately, the release of the movie; it has stirred some long time memories from that time in my life. Take the time, check out the link. Give the audio a listen, it is quite interesting. It just might bring back some long forgotten memories of yours.

RRR: 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment